Baby, Bikes & Booze

Monday, March 12, 2007

What a difference a day makes!

Wow! In the past two weeks a lot of stuff certainly has happened. I went to the Ortho, had an MRI and found out that I had a large tear in my meniscus. Fast forward a week to March 6th and I went into day surgery for Arthroscopy. I was encouraged to take an epidural rather than be put under, so that I could watch the Dr. work and I gladly accepted. It's an amazingly surreal experience to see him snipping away at my knee and poking and prodding and only feel a little pressure when he inserts the tools. After surgery, I felt good...minimal pain in the knee, but my back was killing me from the epidural. Thankfully, the back pain went away quickly and I didn't need to take those wretched pain meds (that made me vomit for an entire day) anymore. Fast forward to today and I am back on the pedals! I was SO excited that my PT said that I could spin in a low gear with little to no resistance for up to 30 minutes at a time and no more than 2 times a day for the next few days. YEAH!!! It's amazing how much I missed pedalling for the week that I couldn't.

Now, I am hard at work planning the first women's DH clinic at Whiteface on July 7th and have been asked to offer clinics of my own there as well. I am really excited for how this season is shaping up and can't wait for the snow to melt and for my knee to be healed. These 4 weeks can't go fast enough!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home