Baby, Bikes & Booze

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere!

It's been a while...I really do need to get better at this! School's back in session and (unfortunately) I am teaching Elementary Art in addition to High School Band and being the Freshman Class Advisor. Needless to say, "art" instruction isn't my area of expertise so it's pretty much (somewhat) controlled chaos up there. Not really having any training, I agreed to work on pumpkins with all of my classes for today's Pumpkin decorating contest. The students had to choose a category--spooky, funny or creative--and decorate their pumpkins during 2 art class periods. All of the kids did a great job and here are some of the final projects:




Sydney & I will be carving our pumpkins later today (and by carving, I mean watching Earl do it) while we wait for our caramel apples to set and enjoy some apple cider. In the meantime, we're off to the corn maze for some haunted hay ride fun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home