Baby, Bikes & Booze

Monday, July 09, 2007

The Most Amazing Weekend!!!


I just had the most amazing weekend of DHing!!! It all began in January when some women questioned whether there were any Women's DH clinic in the Northeast. After some searching, I found nothing and contacted DownhillMike at Whiteface Mountain to see if he'd be interested in hosting a clinic. Once I got the go-ahead, I e-mailed the 2006 US National DH Champion, Tara Llanes and to my surprise, she wrote me back and was interested in being our instructor. Now we were in business! I rounded up some amazing sponsors: Troy Lee Designs, Giant for Women, Terry, ProGold, Park Tools, Giant, LUNA, EMS, Gatorade and Elete and we were on our way with packed schwag bags and outstanding raffle prizes!!!

After all the planning, the day arrived when I picked-up Tara at the airport and then we were off to Whiteface for a day of riding together to scope out lines to use for the clinic. I was SO nervous following her down the trails and especially when she was following me, but it was simply awesome. She is incredibly nice and give amazing constructive criticism while encouraging you to keep going.

Now it was time for the clinic. Two, one day clinic with Tara and an amazing opportunity for the 15 women who had signed up. Definitely one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home