Baby, Bikes & Booze

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Riding, Hiking & more riding!!!


Well, it was the first really nice weekend of the season and we decided to capitalize upon the great weather and got some time outside. Friday, instead of picking Syd up on my way home, I went straight home and the hubby & I rode the road bikes (with her burly trailer attached) to the sitter's house to get Syd. The ride to the sitters was fast...we pushed ourselves for the 5 mile jaunt and got there in just 20 minutes! Once there, we loaded up the kid and her stuff and headed down the long gravel driveway until disaster struck. I managed to get a flat and ruin my rear tire in the process on a sharp piece of gravel. We had to quickly put in a new tube while Syd anxiously awaited her ride home...she's such a trooper!

Saturday, we decided to hike out and do some trail maintenance with our local club. Syd loves to be in the backpack, but she really loves being outside too so it was a win-win situation for all of us. Today it was back to the dirt.

My knee is really doing well and I felt pretty strong on some climbs that I haven't felt strong on in quite some time. The hubby and I hit the trails for 2 glorious hours...what a way to end a great weekend!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home